Hello all;

Trying to set up a FTP from my AS/400 (v5r1) to an offsite Win2K Server
(Wildcat! FTP Server - Version 1.443) in Passive Mode.

Everything is fine until a PUT or GET is issue.  I am signed on to an IP
address 66.xxx.yyy.zzz but the follow shows up

 > put anylib/anyfile
   227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,254,121,4,208)

NETSTAT shows the following...

  Remote           Remote  Local
  Address          Port    Port   Idle Time  State
   66.xxx.yyy.zzz    21    6340   000:00:03  Established
  192.168.254.121  1234    6341   000:00:01  SYN-sent

For some reason, the AS/400 is trying to access address 192.168.254.121,
which happens to be the Win2K private address on their side of thier
Firewall/NAT.  Of course, the connection never completes and times out.

Why is their private address come up and how can I get the PASV to
complete?

The Win2K server already has hundreds of other sessions a day; so, there
is no way to get rid of passive mode.

We already tried setting SENDPASV 0 to turn off passive mode, just also
times out.

Thanks for any help,
Joe Lewis
Director of I.T.