From: Dare <oludare@ix.netcom.com>
To: <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 11:50 AM
Subject: SNA SERVER & THE AS/400

> --
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm on OS400 V4R5 on a 510 box with current CUM.
>
> In my environment, we have regular AS400 applications, VB applications and
some ORACLE data connection.  We also have remote connection from arround
the world.  NS Router connects to an SNA server for access to the system.

> Given this evironment, is there any reason whatsoever that the SNA server
has to be in the picture.  Can I do away with the server because I am having
too many problem with the folks administring the server giving a steady
connection for a whole week without some kind of a glitch, that disconnects
the users.  I also want to eliminate the NS Router emulation and go with CAE
cause NS Router is not supported on Win2K, which is the current OS of choice
in my environment.  So I have VB folks saying they can not go to Win2k
because they have code written that will not work if OS is changed from
Win95 to Win2k.