Richard,

> At home I have a small network of PC's all connected and sharing a
> single cable modem.
>
> My question is - What is the easiest way for me to give access to my
> iSeries to people outside of my home network?

Firstly, you'll probably be breaking the T&C of your contract with your ISP,
almost all of them prohibit the use of any kind of 'server' (be it http, ftp,
telnet, or whatever - including the clients for p2p file sharing al la
Audiogalaxy, Gnutella etc)

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, you'll need to install a router/firewall combo that has NAT
capabilities. The router connects to your ISP one the IP address
'outside_ip_address' they issue. All your internal machines connect to the
router. For outside access to one of your internal machines, say telnet,
configure the router to NAT 'outside_ip_address:23' to
'internal_ip_address_of_as400:23'

With the router/firewall providing the 'mapping' (NAT) from the outside world
to your inside LAN.

But be very careful, once you open the doors, all the nasties will come
sniffing...

--phil