Hi,

The reason that it "just sits there" when you try to connect to port 2001,
is because that's the regular (non-SSL) port.  It's connected, and trying
to enable SSL, but since that port doesn't do SSL, nothing happens.

As for why port 2010 doesn't work, I'd try narrowing down the problem
a bit.

1)  Check if the SSL enabled *ADMIN server is even running.   Do a
      NETSTAT *CNN from your as/400, and see if there's anything
      listening on port 2010.  If not, it's not running.  Check
      QSYSOPR for messages, and also check the spool for job logs
      that might be related.

2)  See if you can connect from the LAN.  If you can connect from
      the LAN, then the server is working properly, and the
      problem is a firewall/routing/NAT issue.

3)  If the LAN works, and you're using NAT, you might need to make
      sure that the domain name from teh outside is the same as
      the domain name from the inside.   It's possible that the name
      you're connecting as doesn't match the name on the certificate,
      which might cause SSL to think somethings wrong.

Hope that helps...