Hi Chris,

The PCSACC exit will not catch many of the PC transactions, unless you
are still using an old version of OS/400 and PC Support/400.

More recent versions of OS/400 use the registration database (see
WRKREGINF). Here there are many exit points that handle connectivity,
each one has its own individual exit program. In the PCSACC parameter
you need to specify *REGFAC to point the system to these exit points.

Different exit points use different parameter combinations (eg. File
Server, Telnet, TCP, SQL, etc.) so a single exit program situated at all
relevent exit points will not suffice. Also, many of these exit points
are not associated with connectivity/security, you will not need an exit
program for all exit points in the list.

Documentation of the exit points can be found in the Infocentre, but
digesting this, and then creating the exit programs can take some time.
You may be better with an exit program security package. A number of
these security packages are free if you only require to log the
information, and not check security. When you require to check security
a license for the software will be required.

I am aware of two security packages that will log information for free.
These are my own SECURE/NET, and PowerTech's PowerLock. Please feel free
to download SECURE/NET from www.ccs400.com and use it for as long as you
like. You will have 30 days of a full function trial, after this period
it will not check security, but it will log and record all the
information you need for as long as you wish to keep the product.

Syd Nicholson
Castlehill Computer Services Ltd.