For both products, ODBC is very easy to use, and part of the interface. In
Access you import, using an ODBC source.

For Excel, use MS Query to get data with ODBC. But the CA Excel addin is
quite nifty - has what amounts to a wizard.

I think there was a redbook once, but I couldn't find it at the site right now.

Depending on how current you need to be, you could CPYTOIMPF and then map a
network drive, having activated NetServer

And there are ActiveX data objects that you could use in VBA. One article,
"Using the Client Access for Windows 95/NT OCX Control and OLE Automation
Objects with Visual Basic"
<http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/def5574d27de318e862565c2007cbc3c?OpenDocument>
still applies for the most part. Check VBA documentation for your version
of Office.

A search in the knowledge base for 'excel' brought up 30 documents, many of
which apply here. A search on "ms access", exact match, found 5. "microsoft
access", exact, found 9, including :Microsoft Access - Connecting to an
ODBC Data Source"
<http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/5b844866a567f4d6862565c2007cb515?OpenDocument>