Folks  this is  getting  a bit long
Tell yeah  what- If this is a disbelief that IBM can  & will run fractional
processors on the older systems, then rather then debate it  why not  try
it and report on the results.

One  caution-  a later PTF or   system code  change might  take you down & our.

If it  is a need/value  statement  do a side by  side test with cost
analysis. of   a  4 processor vs a uni processor. ..  Like
to  hear  your  results.