What I usually do with objects in QRCL is to go back to the original
object, and check it out.  The point of putting stuff into QRCL is to give
you the ability to reassemble things that and out of kilter.

Theoretically, of OS/400 was perfect, RCLSTG would never be needed, but
there are bugs in OS/400, and systems do go down.

Once your done with QRCL, save it, and delete it.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                      "Dan Bale"
                      <dbale@samsa.com>         To:
<midrange-l@midrange.com>
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      midrange-l-admin@m        Subject:  What to do with QRCL
objects after RCLSTG
                      idrange.com

                      05/30/02 09:48 AM
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

Finally got around to running RCLSTG on our v3r2 box to recover about 8% of
our DASD.  Don't know how long it had been since RCLSTG was last run (if
ever), but reorganizing the QADBIFLD file alone recovered 220MB, a big
chunk
for us.

Got something that I'm still trying to figure out.  Library QRCL was loaded
with 248 objects and I don't know why.  The job log does not indicate why
these particular objects were put there.  There's no indication of what
library these objects came from, and their object attributes and creation
date have been cleared.  The object change date was changed to the date I
ran the RCLSTG.  A review of the object names shows that these are our
home-grown objects - RPG programs, data files, display files, message
files,
data areas, menus, query definitions, commands, and job descriptions.

FWIW, about 1 minute into the RCLSTG, a message appeared in the job log:
 CPF2102 Escape 40  05/28/02 8:24:26  QLICNV   QSYS  002C  QRCSEPOB QSYS
   Message . . . . :   Object type and subtype code '1801'X not valid.
   Cause . . . . . :   An internal system failure has occurred. Recovery  .
. . :
       No recovery. Report the problem (ANZPRB command)

No other messages appeared, except for the final CPF8207 two hours later
telling me how many objects were "inserted" into QRCL.  It also says to use
DSPOBJD DETAIL(*BASIC) to determine the original name & library of the
object from the object description, but all I'm getting for a library name
is *N, i.e.:
    Old name HMHGDFR in *N owned by QDFTOWN.

Where should I be looking for more information?

TIA.

- Dan Bale
(I am *NOT* "Dale"
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200105/msg00281.html )