Kathie,

Here's how I do PC to AS400:

in a .bat file -

ftp -n -s:ftpio.txt

in the text file, in this case 'ftpio.txt', that is in the same
"folder/directory"

open 192.46.255.15
user as400userName
as400password
bin
put host447h16.svf /qsys.lib/wmtest.lib/host447h16.file/host447h16.mbr
bye
rem get /qsys.lib/qgpl.lib/f0116x.file/f0116x.mbr c:\f0166x.txt
rem put c:\ascquery2.txt /qsys.lib/xmtest.lib/asc.file/asc.mbr
rem put c:\sig182p001 /qsys.lib/xmtest.lib/sig182p001.file/sig182p001.mbr
rem get /qsys.lib/xmtest.lib/mysavf.file/mysavf.mbr c:mysavf.savF

Explanation:
the .bat file will cause ftp to use the text file as input

open as400 ip address
user name
password
ftp optional settings
ftp command (actual work)
exit ftp (bye)
rem = commented items for easy copy to the actual work line

to run:  on pc click start, run, command (or cmd), use driveLetter: & cd.. to
point to correct directory and run the .bat file by typing its name.

Bill