Sean

do you explicitly end TCP ? It may be that the startup/shutdown routines
you put together for V4R*need to be revisited. I seem to remember messing
with this stuff on just about every release and while I haven't checked
V5R1 yet for anything specific it wouldn't surprise me if I had to fool
with this again.

You may need to go through checking how you start QSERVER, QSYSWRK, TCP ,
TCP servers and Host servers all over again.

Just another thing to look at :)

Cheers
Evan Harris