Hi everyone,

I apologize if I would better post this to the RPG-L list -- I'm not sure
just where the problem is, so I figured I'd start here. I've got an OPM
SQLRPG program (simple selection displayed on a screen) that is called
from an ILE program. It's been working for months, but all of a sudden
this morning it broke -- no selection was being made, and the screen was
blank. I discovered that the SQLCOD was -501 (cursor not open), and when I
checked the job log I found:

. . .
<some stuff about not finding QUSRSYS/QAQQINI, which hasn't ever been
around (?)>
Unable to retrieve query options file.
**** Starting optimizer debug message for query .
The OS/400 Query access plan has been rebuilt.
All access paths were considered for file @FRT.
All access paths were considered for file @MBM.
All access paths were considered for file IAI.
File @FRT processed in join position 1.
File @L26 processed in join position 2.
File @MBM processed in join position 3.
File IAI processed in join position 4.
Commitment definition *DFTACTGRP not valid for open of @FRT.
Object @FRT in BPCSF type *FILE has a pending change.
Cursor C01 not open.
. . .

Am I correct in thinking that the important lines are the third and second
from the end? On a hunch, I converted the program to SQLRPGLE and
recompiled it with no other changes, and now everything works fine. But
I'm curious -- since it was working fine before, what made it break, and
why did recompiling it as ILE fix it? From what I can tell, @FRT was not
in the process of being changed (it's locked by the menu system), and I
didn't see anything in the log about it.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks very much!

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Road