Yes Joe,

I do have a Windows 2000 machine for IE. Not much choice. But I find it
inconvenient and now it too is becomming unstable. Services.exe takes up
almost 100% of the CPU and machine cannot be shut down?????

I also use a KVM switch to switch between devices

I also run Windows under VMWare and Win4Lin if required, but I use them
minimally because Windows can crash, Hog all the CPU availability and
make use of the machine almost impossible.

I find I can't cut and paste between these different 'machines' and I
spend a lot of time switching between sessions, printing or copying
text. Its just not as productive as I would like it to be.

Running IE under Wine is probably the best way forward.

I have tried Opera, as per a previous suggestion, and so far it seems to
work well.

When I added my two pence worth at the beginning of this discussion,  I
didn't realise just how much interest and argument it would provoke. All
I was asking was whether IBM took Netscape into account. Obviously I hit
a nerve, but perhaps I would have been better keeping quiet!!

Syd Nicholson