Dan:
I do this all the time.  When I am at home I sometimes connect to as
many a 3-4 different networks via VPN.  I do not think this is a problem
with the router.  For the record I use a Linksys DSL/Cable router.  The
problem is in how you configure your VPN connection.  I use Win2000 on
my PC, so I am not sure if the same functionality is available in any
other version of Windows.  But the problem is, once you start a VPN
connection, all your traffic is routed to the VPN adapter.  There is a
way to fix this.  (Have you ever connected via VPN and found that you
can not send mail to your ISPs SMTP server?  It is because your PC is
trying to connect over the VPN adapter, and not your DSL connection).
In W2000 do this.  Open up the properties of the VPN connection in Dial
up Networking.  Click on the networking TAB, highlight TCP/IP and click
on properties, click on advanced, under the GENERAL tab, be sure the
"use default gateway on remote network" in NOT checked.  This will allow
all traffic that is not destined to the VPN network to be routed over
your original PPP connection (dial up or DSL).  You should be able to
connect to more than one network via VPN.
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight
FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service -
http://www.ediconsulting.com/timeshare.html
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw