From: midrange-l@midrange.com
Date: Monday, April 29, 2002 15:35:50
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Physical Security (i.e. Physical Access)

rob@dekko.com wrote:

> Maybe you could run a piece of rebar through

> the air conditioner and secure that to the wall.

That was the idea I had in mind - so far.

> 2) The wall between your office and the computer room. It doesn't end at

> the drop ceiling does it?

Yup. I thought of that shortly after I sent the message.

> I wonder if Frontier Safe Company in Fort Wayne could make a door that

> would be acceptable. They make gun safes and what not. Several others in

> the Fort Wayne Yellow Pages under safes.

I bet they could. I said 'impregnable' but wasn't really picturing a
bank vault type door. More like solid steel with reinforced hinges and
frame. A real bear to get thru.

> 4) I would avoid explosives. I've heard of a story where a guy got into

> trouble for rigging a land mine to his gun safe after the safe was stolen

> for the third time. But the criminal never tried again :-)

Explosives? Did I say explosives? <g> I want to save the iSeries, not
blow it up. <g>

> Sunguard was pitching a product not long ago where they would come in and

> set up Mimix to their office. Pretty much keep it a no brainer for you.

> Business Recovery kind of got moved down our list though. Contact me for

> a good contact at Sunguard.

It's been years since I looked at Sunguard, have no idea what they offer
these days. Can you email the contact info to:
jlcrosby@dilgardfoods.com Thanks.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.