YIKES!   This is not a good idea!

> Your best bet would be to specify *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE on the message queue
> QSYSOPR. You should also be aware that QSYSOPR is cleared down every time
> you IPL, so it may not necessarily be a user accidentally hitting F13 or
> F16.

If you remove anyone's authority to write (*ADD) messages to QSYSOPR, you
run the risk of getting your system wrapped into a tight little ball!

Any batch job that generates an error message will submit that message to
the QSYSOPR message queue under the authority of the *CURRENT user of the
batch job.   If that user does not have enough authority to send a message
to the QSYSOPR message queue, and exception is generated and an error
message will be sent to the QSYSOPR message queue (again), which will cause
another exception, and another error message, and round and round you go.

If you want to remove a user's authority answer messages in the QSYSOPR
message queue you can either lock the message queue to an active job (like
the console) or you can remove the user's *READ access to the queue (I know,
it's counter intuitive) but make sure that the user still has *OPR and *ADD
authority.

When you answer a message in a message queue, you are really sending a new
message (hence the *ADD) to the message queue that is a reply to an existing
message (not a *CHANGE as you might guess).  So removing the *READ
capability will get you closest to the results you seek.

jte