>  Mike Wills:
>Could it have to do with the code page
>default for the folder? Nothing else really seems to make sense.

Is it possible for anyone to open the files from PC applications?  I think
Lawson might be using the STMFCODPAG(*STMF) parameter.  When it creates a
new file it will be EBCDIC because the source file is EBCDIC.  If it
replaces an existing .prt file it will use the code page / character set of
the target file.

I was able to use CPYTOSTMF to create an EBCDIC .txt file, then open it as
unreadable gibberish in Excel.  I then used Excel to save the file in place.
When I checked the CCSID I found that the act of saving the file changed the
character set from EBCDIC.  Then I used the same CPYTOSTMF command to
replace the .txt file.  This time it came through as readable ASCII.

Maybe one of your users opened and accidentally saved the RW100 file from
the PC, altering the code page.  If Lawson is using CPYTOSTMF or CPYTOIMPF
with STMFCODPAG(*STMF) subsequent runs would retain the changed code page or
character set.

-Jim