Hello All,

        We are implementing a financial application which has got a
certain development structures and it own recovery procedures based upon
Database files used as journals instead of the native AS/400 journal files
and has separate update programs that maintain the database integrity in
case of recovery.

This application has been in-house customized and some new physical files
have been created in order to save some extra data that we can not save in
the original application database. The customized programs are not
following up the same rules like the application and the new files are
only AS400 journal led and there are relations between our files and the
original application files.

How can we maintain the whole database consistency, in case of recovery
the recovery procedure of the application will run first and then
APYJRNCHG for our files.

I know that this process is 99% will be OK, but the management (as usual
my Boss) is a bit doubtful that there will be a great inconsistency
because the normal AS400 journal will apply everything no mater how the
recovery of each record in  the application is successful or not. He asked
the whole department to change the already developed and tested programs
to follow up the same development rules as the application. Which in my
opinion will add a lot of performance slow down (we need to create 5
separate programs per file to imitate the application). Is there something
in DB2 to check for the consistency when applying or removing journal
changes? Or is there any other suggestion?

Thanks beyond measures,
All the best.
Heba.