David,

>Well, this is always a risk.  But folks can farm from the mailing list
also.
>The news server isn't all that well publicized, so I wouldn't worry about
>it too much.

Just the same, email address farming is a valid concern.  The archives
don't list our email addresses (replaced with me@xxxxxxxx).  can we treat
email addresses the same way when it posts to the newsgroup?

I really don't like the idea of my email address being posted to a group
server (private or not) when I avoid news servers like the plague anyway.

spiders can find news servers - advertised or not, and harvest email
addresses automatically - private or not.   maybe we are already exposed
due to the mailing list, but I'd like to contain that exposure as much as
possible.

Rick