CHGSBSD SGNDSPF(lib/file)

I would not replace the one in QSYS. Since it is by
subsystem if you run QCTL and QINTER just change QINTER (Off
hours). That leaves you QCTL and the console to get back. If
you only run QBASE then create another subsystem. Not as
easy as it sounds as QBASE may try to allocate the devices
so the new subsystem needs to be named before QBASE and have
it allocate one device by name. You might have to vary that
device off and then on to get it allocated to the right
subsystem.

Just a word of caution. Do not change the fields so it
changes the I/O buffer postions. Hide fields, move the line
they are on, where they are on the line. But do NOT change
the I/O buffer.

Messages are used for variable text on the display
 A         MSG001        75A    12  2MSGID(S000001 SMSGF)
 A         MSG002        75A    13  2MSGID(S000002 SMSGF)
Then you change the message text in the message file.

If you mess it up and cannot sign on a display, there is
always FTP and QUOTE RCMD. And if you have to use this
method you will not forget it.

John Ross
www.opensource400.org