There are differences in the activation group parameter on all the various
CRT commands. This can give you unexpected or unwanted results, in my
experience.

Here's how they are on the v5r1 machine upon which work. I don't think
there've been any changes, but could be wrong. Help text tells you what the
original defaults are, and they seem to be right here.

CRTBNDC & CRTBNDCPP have no activation group parameters. I'm not sure where
they end up.

CRTBNDCBL defaults to QILE.

CRTBNDCL has the DFTACTGRP, which defaults to *YES. If you say *NO, the
default for activation group is *STGMDL

CRTBNDRPG has the DFTACTGRP, which defaults to *YES. If you say *NO, the
default for activation group is QILE.

CRTxxxMOD commands do not include it, since activation groups are a
program-related thing.

CRTSQL* have no parameter for activation groups. Hence, you're stuck with
the defaults on the other CRT commands. This is a possible gotcha.

CRTPGM defaults to *NEW, so if you create modules and then link them, you
get the, IMO, undesirable *NEW setting - another gotcha.