Peter

the "quick and dirty" way is to use the ls command in qshell. I was able to
use this to get directory information into a file using this method though
it took a bit of trial and error. I had one of our unix guys give me a hand
with the format of the command I needed.

I got this hint from here so it should be in the archives somewhere (try
searching on QSHELL or IFS), alternatively post again and I will send the
source of what I did home so I can post it.

I haven't had time to become familiar with the unix API's yet so using
qshell plugged the gap.

Hope this helps

Evan Harris