Dave:

>Is anybody using Office Vision in V5R1?.   If so are you finding it
>works with all the features?   V4R5 is the last release it is supported.
>I recently heard that it will work on V5R1 but IBM will not guarantee it.

It's my understanding that most of OV/400 will not work in V5R1.  First of
all, IBM has disabled/removed most of the underlying API support that had
proven very expensive to maintain.  Secondly, when you install V5R1, OV/400
is automatically removed, and V5R1 RSTLICPGM is supposed to me too smart to
allow you to re-install it.  On the other hand, if you can isolate the
libraries/objects/DLO's and related to OV, SAVOBJ/SAVLIB/RSTOBJ... is
stupid enough to allow you to get the parts back, although it will not me a
"registered licensed program:.  Parts of it will work, some poorly.

The only success that I have heard of are people that have done one of the
three following things:

1).  Moved to Lotus Domino
     a).  EXPENSE(*NOMAX)
     b).  Many more capabilities, but different
     c).  Some less capabilities, but different
     d).  WORK(*MAX)
     e).  BUGS(*MORE) - This is not a Rochester product, it's a port.

2).  Bought the replacement package from the European vendor.
     a).  EXPENSE(*MAX)
     b).  WORK(*NONE)

3).  Migrated back to Text Management/38
     a).  EXPENSE(*MIN to *NONE) (depending if you already owned System/38
Utilities)
     b).  Many different capabilities and yet some the same.  Good solution
for mail merge of static letters and help text, EDITOR(*80s)
     c).  WORK(*MIN to *MODERATE).

>Also, has anybody heard about the new VAE (Value Added Enhancement)
>requirements for BP which prevents them from selling hardware outside
>150 miles radius if no VAE software like the expensive Websphere (not
>the 57xx-WDS) is added in?

Been there for years.

Al