Martin

you could use DDM data queues to communicate back and forth between the two
boxes.

With a bit of though regarding the layout of the structure to be passed
between the two machines this has the potential to be somewhat more expandable.

e.g. System A wants to know status on System B - sends message down data
queue to system B. System B has program waiting on data queue and when
message is received, the program performs the processing and sets the
result as a message back down a second data queue with the status.

Hope this is some help

Regards
Evan Harris