I am also looking for a SQL equivalent to CHAIN or SETLL.

This is what I am using now, is there a better way. :)

C/EXEC SQL
C+ SELECT DISTINCT CUSTNO into :WCUSTNO  from   CUSTFILE
C+ WHERE CUSTNO = :CUSTNUM
C/END-EXEC
C                   If        SQLCOD = 0
C                   Eval      FOUND = 'Yes'
C                   EndIf

I found following in the archives. There was a reference to american.edu
but I cannot access that.