Thanks for the info Bruce,
As per the manual I can set up SBS for the devices and
set the CHRID on the CRTDEV.
Perhaps you can help me with some DBCS considerations.
It seems to me that UNICODE supercedes DBCS.
UNICODE also doubles you disk space requirements,
but disk is relatively cheap, programmers cost.
We can buy a DBCS enabled version of an application.
I see that a UNICODE implementation is not
compatible with DBCS, am I right.

Frank Kolmann