Vern wrote: "Like a 5225 and a 3812, etc. Multiple printers attached to an
outq this wayshould all put out the same result, I would think. On the same
paper size, etc."

I would think that would be true.  It appears to be true of all of my
printers, which are LAN-attached HPs.

"There would seem to be little point in using remote printers as multiple
destinations for printing, unless they're all in the same room at some far
off building. Eh?"

True.  Especially since they would be draining the same outq and,
presumably, the reports would be destined for the same user/department.

"Are they not LPR/LPD under the cover? I've not looked at this in some
time."

I don't believe that *LAN printers use LPR/LPD.  When I print to a RMTOUTQ,
LPR/LPD uses different ports than when I print to a *LAN printer device.
Maybe someone with an understanding of TCP/IP internals could comment.  Not
sure what the RFC for LPR/LPR says - that's a bit out of my realm of
knowledge.

Steve