> From: Jim Franz
>
> Have spec'd a developer 270 on a low budget
> with Partnerworld.
> Need to work with Websphere Advanced,
> Visual Age Java, etc.
> I know WAS will be slow, but is there anything
> missing? (again-low budget)
> model 270-2248 (150 batch cpw, 25 interactive)
> 512 meg memory, 2 - 8.5 gig 10K disk (total 17 gig)
> cd-rom, 4 gig 1/4 in tape, 10/100 ethernet, ecs modem
> V5r1, WAS Develop Studio, 5722-AC3-Crypto Acc Prov,
> PASE, Client Access, 5722-CE3-CA encryption

If it's just a single person machine, I'd definitely go with the 2250/1516.
That's what I use here, and it's wonderful for WebSphere development.  But
it's a zero interactive box, so only one developer at a time, for all
intents and purposes.  However, if you use CODE/400 you could probably have
more than one.  But in any event, I've found that the 2250/1516 (with 1GB of
main memory) is a very nice development platform.

Joe