That'd be the RUNRMTCMD I mentioned. This is executed from a 400 app, which
I thought she was running, in which the client picks a spooled file and it
gets converted to Acrobat. _If_ this is running on the 400, then she can
use RUNRMTCMD to call Acrobat on the PC. (There's some stuff about SNA here
with regard to Client Access. But a standard TCP/IP rexecd can be had
cheap, I'd think.) Getting the pdf to the PC could involve FTP in some way,
I suppose, even running a script on the PC, again using RUNRMTCMD.

Stephanie, who's doing what to whom?   :=)

It has been possible for CA to be set up to execute a URL. maybe display
the PDF as a URL and click on it. Then Save as... by the user?

Here's a bit from the command description: