> From: "Fritz Hayes" <fhayes@spiritone.com>
> check out what Sam Palmisano is saying about IBM and specifically
> about the iSeries.

Fritz,

I listened to the speech last night.  But maybe I missed the remark you
wanted us to hear.  I only caught a brief statement about the iSeries being
a wonderful box, along with all the other eServer family.

The speech had a definite "Global Services" bent.  As companies move to
integrate the multiple platforms available to them, IBM wants to be there -
in the middle.  The strategic direction of IBM is to offer products and
services for "end-to-end" computing.  His definition of end-to-end computing
extended from order entry to delivery, including every step in between.  The
idea being that business operations often span multiple platforms, and even
multiple companies.  IBM wants to tie it all together.

Regardless of whether your platform of choice is Windows, or Linux, or
OS/400, or AIX, or Z/OS, IBM has many products and services to offer you.
If you have an operation that spans multiple platforms, then IBM is the ONLY
vendor that has expertise to tie it all together.

He threw a couple punches at Microsoft's "proprietary" solutions.  And asked
business partners to stay on the IBM bandwagon.

I think that was it, basically.

Nathan M. Andelin
www.relational-data.com