Your first parameter needs to be:
/qsys.lib/ronk.lib/test.file/test.mbr

Your second parameter should work as is.  But you may want to change it.
Your current directory is set to /home/ronk.  It may be in your HOMEDIR
parameter of your user profile or you ran the command CD or the command
CHGCURDUR.  Do you really want the file to go to /home/ronk/ronk/test.txt,
or do you want it to go to /home/ronk/test.txt?

Clear?

Benjamin Franklin

                    "Klein, Ron"
                    <ron.klein@brctsg.c       To:     "''MIDRANGE-L'"
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    om>                       cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Problems using
cpytostmf
                    drange.com

                    02/21/2002 10:22 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Hi All,
I have a spool file that I have copied to a database file, length 132.  I
am
trying to copy that spool file to the IFS with no translation.

When I try to execute the command I get the following error 'Object name
not
a QSYS object'.

 Cause . . . . . :   The operation expected an object in the QSYS file
system.
   Object /home/Ronk/RONK/TEST does not result in an object in the QSYS
file

   system. Possible causes:

     --The object is in a different file system.

     --The object name does not start at the root file system.

     --The first component of the path name is not QSYS.LIB.

     --The object is on a remote file system.
---
This is how I am executing the command.

>From database file member  . . . > 'RONK/TEST'

To stream file . . . . . . . . . > 'RONK/TEST.TXT'

Stream file option . . . . . . .   *NONE         *NONE, *ADD, *REPLACE
Data conversion options  . . . . > *NONE         *AUTO, *TBL, *NONE
Database file CCSID  . . . . . .   *FILE         1-65533, *FILE
Stream file code page  . . . . .   *STMF         1-32767, *STMF
End of line characters . . . . . > *CRLF         *CRLF, *LF, *CR, *LFCR..

TIA
Ron