Query management output always prints the same number of lines. The
stuff that does not fit on a line gets printed in a separate set of
pages, until all positions are covered. No wrapping that I remember -
might have been a way, I never saw it.

I'd bet you have 2 (or more) QPQXPRTF spooled files with the same number
of pages.

Query/400 always truncated lines.

Cyndi Bradberry wrote:

> Hi,
> We upgraded to V5R1 over last weekend with only minor problems.  One weird
> thing now is with a QM Form that worked perfectly prior to the upgrade is
> now not taking the OVRPRTF statement.
>
> I have a CLP below
>
>              OVRPRTF    FILE(QPQXPRTF) PAGESIZE(66 120) LPI(6) +
>
>                           CPI(15) OVRFLW(40) PAGRTT(0) +
>
>                           SPLFNAME(CHKSUMRY) OVRSCOPE(*JOB) +
>
>                           OPNSCOPE(*JOB)
>
>      ChgVar &BYMD Value(&BY *CAT &BM *CAT &BD)
>
>      ChgVar &EYMD Value(&EY *CAT &EM *CAT &ED)
>
>              STRQMQRY   QMQRY(MSGLIB/CHKREGQY) OUTPUT(*PRINT) +
>
>                           QMFORM(MSGLIB/CHKREGQF) DATETIME(*NO) PAGNBR(*NO)
> +
>                           SETVAR((BEGDATE &BYMD) (ENDDATE &EYMD))
>
>      DltOvr *All
>
> As you can see, I have the overflow line at a ridiculous 40 lines, and the
> spool file attributes show  the overrides:
>                        Work with Spooled File Attributes
>
>  Page range to print:
>    Starting page  . . . . . . . . . . . :   1
>    Ending page  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *END
>  Record length  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   0
>  Page size:
>    Length . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   66
>    Width  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   120
>    Measurement method . . . . . . . . . :   *ROWCOL
>  Lines per inch . . . . . . . . . . . . :   6
>  Characters per inch  . . . . . . . . . :   15
>  Overflow line number . . . . . . . . . :   40
>  Fold records . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NO
>  Control character  . . . . . . . . . . :   *FCFC
>
>  Press Enter to continue.
>
> But when I print it, I get the same number of lines on a sheet of paper. I
> counted and it is printing 66 lines before performing page break and putting
> the page headers on. This leaves 4 lines printing on a second sheet.
>
> I tried OVRSCOPE and OPNSCOPE with no changes.  Any ideas ?  We appear to be
> current on PTF's.
> TIA,
> Cyndi B.
> Boise, ID

Vern Hamberg

Would you like to see a challenging little arithmetic puzzle
that might get you or your kids or grandkids more interested
in math? Go to <http://cgi.wff-n-proof.com/MSQ-Ind/I-1E.htm>

Sillygism--

Something is better than nothing.
Nothing is better than a ham sandwich.
Ergo
Something is better than a ham sandwich.