Folks,

Has anyone brought up SNMP on the iSeries?  Specifically, what is involved
in setting up agents and sub agents on the iSeries side to report management
information to a package called Site Scope which is on a UNIX box here?  If
I have done a review of the literature correctly, the iSeries agents and
sub-agents conform to RFC 1592 which defines the Distributed Protocol
Interface.  This is further evidenced by looking at the iSeries SNMP API's.

I think I pretty much have the overall SNMP process/flow down, what I am
missing is the understanding of the pieces on the iSeries side to make this
happen.  I am not a C coder by a long shot, but I am willing to roll up my
sleeves!  :-)  What has to be in place on the iSeries side to report:

CPU Utilization
Disk Utilization
Connectivity (this can be a ping from Site Scope)
Services such as telnet, ftp, http servers, etc.

If I am barking up a tall tree, should I be considering a package?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Mike Shaw