From: midrange-l@midrange.com
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 11:58:05
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: FTP script:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Booth Martin wrote:

> Any user logged onto the AS/400 with Client Access can run an FTP script

> from the AS/400. The AS/400 script should be able to do a GET from any web

> site allowing an FTP connection shouldn't it?

> Then the AS/400 should be able to PUT that file, shouldn't it?

Errr... the AS/400 "script" should be able to do a GET from any FTP
server. If your goal is to get from a web site, you'll need to use
HTTP software, not FTP software.

So, your plan is to run an FTP server on the PC, then have the AS/400 GET
the file from a remote server, and come back and FTP that same file to the
PC? Why not just run the FTP script on the PC, and skip the need for a
separate FTP server on the PC and a script on the AS/400?

Still, if you do want to involve the AS/400, and/or use HTTP to grab
things, I do have some (free) utilities that might help you:

http://klement.dstorm.net/ftpapi/
http://klement.dstorm.net/httpapi/

The nice thing about my utilities over a traditional FTP script is that
you can check for errors on each step of the session, as it's happening,
and display information to the user, etc.

[ Content of type image/gif deleted ]