Al,

In a message dated 2/9/02 1:58:20 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
MacWheel99@aol.com writes:

> When this kind of thing starts to happen on a weekend & overnight, perhaps
> midrange dot com needs a place where concerned e-citizens can take
> vigilante
> action while awaiting the regular cyber volunteers
> <<snip>>

Don't know about _THAT_, but I _DO_ know that every single person that sent a
"stop this" message to midrange-l only made the problem worse.  Let's see, "a
message from M-L to a guy on vacation results in an 'I'm on vacation'
response.  I think I'll send a message to M-L to get this problem corrected."
 Definitely _NOT_ the brightest response to the situation.  The guy's mailbox
would have eventually filled up, although that doesn't pay the bandwidth that
our overseas members have already built up.  Please, send your complaints to
the various admin IDs, _NOT_ the lists in a situation like this.  I'm only
happy that it happened to David on vacation for once, and not _ME_ ;-)...

Regards,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn." --
Andrew V. Mason