Alexei,

I am no so concerned about the performance hit as I am wasting the disk
space to collect data after 18:00.  The system we are using this on is
development system and the only thing running after 18:00 is a backup job.
I guess I am just spoiled by the STRPFRMON launching from the job scheduler.
It was so effortless once it was set up and working!  And all the data was
in one place when done!  :-)  The other thing that bugs me is why the went
to the trouble in setting up a parameter to specify how long it runs, when
it in fact has no bearing.......

I did in fact tell it to create the database files.  The only advantage I
see so far is that even though the description of the member says In Use,
you can actually display the data and look at it.  STRPFRMON locked the
member and did not release it until the monitor ended.

I am trying to stay away from PM/400 but will consider its use if it behaves
more to the STRPFRMON standard we have grown accustomed to over the years.
We are a very small shop and I do not have the luxury of folks sitting
around monitoring systems all day and night.  I just need to collect data to
present some very simple monthly reports and capacity planning.  So far on
V5R1 it looks like we lost that capability/consistency just so a very simple
task can run from Windoze.

Thanks for your quick response!

Regards,

Mike Shaw