Leif,  you are right on target.   IBM customers are focused on solving
business problems ... which IBM translates into what business solutions do
they need.    Customers told and tell IBM:  "we want integrated solutions
....  we want to do business with one company that takes care of us across
the company, worldwide!"

So.... when you see articles like the one that sparked this latest set of
notes and those that don't have iSeries specified it is not because IBM
doesn't care about iSeries (that is just not true!),    it is because the
marketing research from existing customers and those we want to have as
customers tell us we absolutely must ensure the world understands IBM is
about providing business solutions to the total business.

Leif, me too, I'd love to see more specific iSeries advertising ... and
we're doing more now than we have.  I see the calendar of activities, so I
know.  Is it all I'd like it to be .... no, but then I'm not an expert in
what advertisements catch prospective customer's attention.

BTW,  I forward your comments to those responsible for marketing and
communications of iSeries ....

Have a great day!

Anne C. Lucas, Project Exec, iSeries Nation and iSeries Marketing -
www.ibm.com/eserver/nation1
205/823-4831  T/L 537-9968,  eFax:  603-687-8053,  800/223-3907 Pager

Admin Assist:   Alice Sebastiano Telephone:  (914) 642-4109, tie line
224-4109 Fax:  (914) 642-6976, tie line 224-6976

Please respond to midrange-l@midrange.com