>From their "About" page:

"About Make A Shorter Link

This web site provides a simple service - when you find a page on the web whose
address is too long to paste into an email or other document, you can use our
free service to generate a shorter, simpler address.

You can pass that shorter URL on to your friends by email, confident that most
email clients will recognise it as a URL and turn it into something clickable.
How do I use Make A Shorter Link?

To make a short link from a long one, just copy the long URL into the text entry
box on our home page and submit the form. You'll be taken to a new page with
your new, shorter link displayed and ready for you to click on, or copy so that
you can paste it elsewhere.

If you've been given a URL which looks like
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A5572333, just click on it, or type it into your
browser's address bar, to be taken to the destination page.

If you'd rather use Make A Shorter Link as a browser-based bookmarklet, we have
one available on our options page.
Can I skip the transition page?

Yes, if you don't want to see the transition page which shows you the full URL
when you follow a short link, you can now select to be sent straight through to
the full URL. Go to the options page to set your preference (this feature
requires cookies to be enabled in your browser for this site).
How long are the shorter links going to last?

For as long as possible. Put it this way: as long as we are in charge of the
database, the links will continue to work. If the time comes when we run out of
money or interest in maintaining it, we shall make the database available to
anyone who wants to take it on. We hesitate to say "forever", because that's a
very long time indeed. But the links will remain usable for a long time.
Who is behind this?

Make A Shorter Link is a Useful Production, devised and created by members of
the Pants Collective. The code was written by Matthew Hunt, and may be released
to the public once it's been tidied up a bit.
Standard corporate disclaimer:

We can't be held responsible for anything weird or illegal that happens to you
or your computer while you are using Make A Shorter Link.
Wow! I love Make A Shorter Link! Can I give you loads of money?

Please get in contact with us at this address: hello@makeashorterlink.com
Copyright © The PANTS Collective. A Useful Production. Contact us.   "

Bill