I thought I would share some information with everyone on the
destination for the Spring COMMON conference, so I am sending this to
M-L, Interlug, and ISN.   The COMMON Board held its quarterly board
meeting this weekend, along with a strategic planning meeting in
Nashville, where we will be having the Spring COMMON conference.
 Besides having a very successful 3 days, and getting some great
initiatives started, Opryland in Nashville is going to be a great place
for a conference.

I was a little unsure what Opryland would be like until I arrived. Well
 it is a fantastic place to have a conference.  Everything is completely
enclosed. I heard Opryland called a total conference destination, but I
was unsure what that meant until I arrived.  Under one roof we'll have
all session rooms, the Expo, hotel rooms, restaurants, bars,  and
special events.  Its a huge place that is a lot of fun to explore, and
if you are bringing a spouse or your family there for a few days, there
is plenty for them to do.  In addition, you can walk to a real nice mall
and the actual Opryland music center. We arrived on Saturday morning,
and left Monday afternoon, and I never left the facilities in between.
 It does take a day to get used to the layout, but once you walk around
you get your bearings its pretty easily.  I believe it maybe the best
place to have a conference for a group our size.  There are some early
bird housing discounts for the first 600 people, so you may want to
register early and take advantage of that savings.   When you get there
you will see its a real nice relaxing environment to spend a few days
learning about the iSeries.  I had a sneak peak at the agenda, and the
CET has done a terrific job with the courses and offerings, so it should
be a great conference.

Pete

--
Pete Massiello