From: "Chuck Lewis" <clewis@iquest.net>
To: "Midrange-L List" <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 6:31 AM
Subject: Fwd: Is the iSeries right for you?

<Online#3.3109.d1-hu8E_pG7nMlR.1@newsletter.online.com>
> To: clewis@iquest.net
> Subject: Is the iSeries right for you?
>
> TechRepublic: www.techrepublic.com
>
> Presents your
> CIO REPUBLIC NETNOTE E-NEWSLETTER for January 22, 2002
>
> <---------------Advertisement--------------->
>
> CREATE & MANAGE YOUR IT VENDOR RELATIONSHIPS
>
> Selecting an IT vendor for your project is often an overwhelming
> process... from defining the project and listing possible vendors,
> to sending RFIs, reviewing responses, and interviewing top prospects.
> Stay organized with TechRepublic's IT Vendor Management Tool Kit, an
> easy-to-use, searchable CD-ROM. TechRepublic has partnered with
> gantthead to deliver the tools, resources, and documents you need to
> solicit applicable vendors, select the top candidates, and finally
> hire -and keep- the best vendors working for you!
>
> Click Here to Order Yours:
> http://www.techrepublic.com/promotion.jhtml?pc=E23297
>
> <------------------------------------------->
>
> WHAT'S HOT AT CIO REPUBLIC?
>
> IS IBM's iSERIES THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR YOUR ENTERPRISE?
> While the iSeries eServer is touted as leading technology and offers
> superior reliability and scalability, is it the right solution for your IT
> shop? Here are some details that can help CIOs decide whether to bring the
> iSeries on board.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00520020111SOD01.htm&fro
mtm=e105-3

> DOWNLOAD A GLOSSARY OF SECURITY TERMS
> The events of 9/11 have heightened awareness of the new security threats
> to today's enterprises. To help IT executives better understand and
> confront these threats, TechRepublic offers a glossary of cyber security
> terms to help keep you up to date.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00520020121hoo02.htm&fro
mtm=e105-3

> IN DEPTH: WEB-BASED TRAINING HAS MANY ADVANTAGES
> If your organization has offices around the country, or the world, you
> know that organizing training for your employees is a daunting task. Find
> out how Web-based training can solve your logistical problems and help
> your users learn more effectively.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00520020122ern01.htm&fro
mtm=e105-3

> WHAT SKILLS ARE IN DEMAND?
>
> Despite the current economy and continual staff downsizing, some
> technology skills are still in great demand. Write and tell us what skills
and
> tech professionals are hard to find, and share recruitment approaches to
> pull in necessary staff. If we use your input in a future story, we'll
> send you a TechRepublic coffee mug.
> mailto:CIO@techrepublic.com?subject=Skills%20demand

> BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
>
> USABILITY AND ORGANIZATION ARE KEY TO SITE-VISITOR SATISFACTION
> Enterprises have pumped a lot of money into Web site performance
> hardware, hoping that faster download times will improve customer
satisfaction.
> But recent research has found that simple usability improvements can
> bring more bang for those bucks.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00520011115gcn01.htm&fro
mtm=e105-3

> BUSINESS FRAMEWORKS CAN SECURE SUCCESS OF DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
> About 75 percent of software development projects crash and burn, and
> the reasons are many: blown budgets, missed delivery dates, and
substandard
> quality. Columnist Tim Landgrave shows you how building a business
> framework at the start can avert disaster.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00520011116lan01.htm&fro
mtm=e105-3

> TODAY AT TECHREPUBLIC
>
> CASE STUDY: HOW TEAMWORK SAVED A TROUBLED PROJECT
> How many projects or rollouts have you seen crash and burn because of
> communication problems? This case study from Auerbach Publications details
> how managers were able to save a doomed project by rebuilding on a solid
> foundation.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00620020122ern01.htm&fro
mtm=e105-3

> LEARN HOW TO MAKE LINUX CONNECT WITH A WINMODEM
> WinModems are becoming standard issue for most modern PCs, but
> administrators may run into problems trying to set up these modems when
installing
> Linux on standard systems. This tutorial explains how to get one popular
> WinModem chip to run under Linux.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00220020122mci01.htm&fro
mtm=e105-3

> CONSIDER THESE OPTIONS TO TRIM PROJECT TIMELINES
> Should it be standard procedure to promise accelerated project
> completion estimates? Project mentor Tom Mochal says yes! Learn why you
should
> shave a few months or weeks off the timetable for your next project.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00620020122moc01.htm&fro
mtm=e105-3

> DON'T IGNORE YOUR STORAGE NEEDS
> Storing critical data is essential to keeping your enterprise running
> smooth. Subscribe to Enterprise Storage Space for the latest information
on
> what's happening in the storage industry. Delivered every Wednesday,
> this timely e-newsletter keeps you informed of the trends, terms, and
> product announcements you need to know. Sign up now!

http://www.techrepublic.com/techmail_signup_maillink.jhtml?thislist=e040&fro
mtm=e105-3

> To unsubscribe from this mailing list:
> http://clickthru.online.com/Click?q=ea-fjpyrTV8-VKvr3vTg_i1AT_ctdRR
>
> Questions or comments:
> http://www.techrepublic.com/contact_faqs/techmails.jhtml
>
> Visit TechRepublic
> http://www.techrepublic.com/
>
> Copyright 2002 CNET Networks, Inc. All rights reserved. TechRepublic is a
registered service mark of CNET Networks,  Inc.