From: Jim Franz [mailto:franz400@triad.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 18:22
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: iSeries Nation Privileges

i am currently looking at the details, and tenatively plan on doing it.
Waiting for some details from ibm. I think the restictions (commercial use
of the server) are no different than IBM's PartnerWorld 1% lease deal for
"development purposes only" is the same restriction, and has existed for
years. Why would IBM give me a $50-100k box (mostly in software cost) for 7k
without such a restriction? Everyone wanting to be an ASP would dive for
this without such restrictions.! jim franz