Rob:

On Mon, 31 December 2001, rob@dekko.com wrote:

> If we start banging out 96 tests a day (60 minutes per hour * 24 hours / 1
> test every 15 minutes = 96 tests a day), can we get these accounts to
> automatically delete the email upon forwarding them?

Easy enough to test. Go to ( http://www.mail.com ) and set one up. I've used
this for quite a few years for a number of accounts with fewer problems than
any of my paid accounts. I use one often to test outside e-mail access.

But such free accounts have some limitations, as will many/most paid accounts.
Sooner or later, the e-mail address can get on a junk mail address list. You'll
then need to account for mail showing up that you didn't send.

If you simply redirect everything, then the junk is redirected. Redirection
usually deletes the mail from the account. If you find a service that redirects
(not exactly the same as 'forwarding') without removing from the server, you
then have a chance of setting up filters that (1) redirect *only* messages you
sent and (2) move all items to Trash thereby performing cleanup automatically.

I'm not sure how many services provide that ability. One such service that I
use is hosted by American Express free for card-holders (
http://www.amexmail.com ). I'm not sure how many accounts you can have; I have
two e-mail accounts under one of my card numbers.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.