Well, the poll results are in:  ;-)
http://www.entmag.com/polls/PollResults.asp?PollsID=55

also - note this paragraph:

Neil and all

Take a look at the bottom of this,  it has a place to respond.
Take a second to say a couple of words.

http://entmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=16395

John

There will be a big push toward application integration. More than a decade
ago, IBM rolled out a box called the AS/400. It came
complete with a built-in relational database, and about 20,000
enterprise-ready software packages. Each application shares the same data
from the same relational database. The AS/400 box even supports Windows
2000/NT, Linux, and AIX Unix applications. That's about as tight an
application integration as you can get. Looks like the rest of the world
is finally trying to catch up.

from the article

The 30,000-Foot View

Real Progress, or the Same Old Same Old?
in ENT News at
http://entmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=16395

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.