Dear Dwayne,

The typical Lexmark Optra laser printer frequently offers support for three
different printer languages (HP PCL, PostScript, and PPDS). The PPDS choice
is a unique Lexmark printer language known as the Personal Printer Data
Stream. The reason many people use the PPDS printer language is that it
includes support for a catalog of fonts that were originally available on
the IBM typewriters that were used by many corporations in years past.

One of the attributes of the PPDS printer language is the wrap feature that
you are describing. The HP PCL and PostScript printer languages do not work
in this fashion. If data is found outside of the printable area supported by
the printer, it is ignored and not wrapped when using the HP PCL or
PostScript printer languages.

If you are using PPDS and must stay with it, let me know which models of
Lexmark printer you are working with off list and I'll see whether I can
suggest some PDT adjustments that might overcome the problem in PPDS mode.

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi
Director, Printer Connectivity Product Management

p: 603.431.0606 x115
f: 603.436.6432
paul@intermate-us.com
www.intermate.com

>From: Dwayne Lindner <Dwayne.Lindner@writ.wesfarmers.com.au>
>To: "'midrange-l@midrange.com'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
>Subject: Client Access screen prints to Lexmark Optra printers
>Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:44:55 +0800
>
>Hi List!
>
>Just a problem I'm hoping to get some assistance on - when trying to do a
>screen print from a 5250 display emulation session from client access (all
>versions from V3R1M0 right through to V5R1M0) our Lexmark Optra printers
>wrap the last two characters of each screen onto the next line.  This is at
>10CPI, portrait mode.  Our Hewlett packard printers have no problem.

<snip>