From: Steve Richter [mailto:srichter@AutoCoder.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 12:26 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Probably very easy, Newbie question

Dont dispair yet Newbie.

Option 21 will save the user and system libraries. Do you need to do that,
or just the user libraries ?

If just the user libraries, you just need to make sure no user jobs are
running when you do the backup.

- get everyone to signoff.
- end all batch jobs ( or wait for them to end )
- from the command line, run the cmd:

 SAVLIB LIB(*ALLUSR)
        DEV(TAP01)
        SEQNBR(1)
        ENDOPT(*UNLOAD)
        CLEAR(*ALL)

If some objects were in use and could not be saved,  you will get completion
messages telling you so.

Hope this helps,

Steve Richter