I am getting a CWBC01003 10055 error when I try to use an ODBC data source
on my Win98, DSL/VPN connected to AS400, Client Access Express, AS400
running V4R4,  latest service pack PC.

The ODBC appl is MS Query.  I get the error immed after being prompted for
and entering the AS400 logon user name and password.

Before CAE, ODBC worked on this PC.

The history log just shows the CWBC01003 10055 as the first significant msg.
The msg info alludes to the pc running out of resources.  This is not true.
And I still get this error even after restarting the pc and running only VPN
and this MS Query.

Thanks for the help,

Steve Richter

Here is the info from the cae history log:

"cwbc01003 Winsock error. function GetHostByName( )  returned 10055 "

CWBCO1003

Cause
An error occurred during communications. The name of the function that
failed and its error code are specified.

Recovery
Check the list below for the error code specified in the message and take
the action specified. If the function and/or error code in the message are
not listed here, they may be listed in Informational APAR II10598 along with
cause and recovery information.

10055 - The TCP/IP provider has run out of resources to process your
request.
Your PC system may be too low on available memory, or you may have too many
programs that use TCP/IP running. End any unnecessary programs and try the
action again. If this error still occurs, shutdown and re-start Windows, and
try the action again with as few other programs active as possible.