From: Steve Richter <srichter@AutoCoder.com>

> A spcptr contains a 5 byte segment and a 3 byte offset.  The teraspace
> pointer is probably a 3 byte segment and a 5 byte offset with a high order
> bit in the segment portion telling the machine where the segment/offset
> division is. ( my  speculation ).

Investigating this would make a nice chapter in my eBook (I need to get
back to writing a few more chapters - gotta earn a living too and the day
only got 24 hours :).

AFAIK the division between segment and offset is completely arbitrary
on the PPC RISC machines. Segments are not mapped to memory
in any special way, the mapping is done on a page (4K) basis.

I hope that Walden would take some time to check this out. We could
also speculate together, but maybe we should move the discussion
to the MI-list then.