"Klein, Ron" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been doing some research as to the usage of inserting images into
> print output.  We are really concerned with trying to put a JPG image into a
> 400 print file.  To keep this in a 400 spool and not move these print files
> to a PC for merging.
>
> I have been looking at the QIMGCVTI API, which seems that this is the type
> of thing I need.  However, from what I see IBM has again lost all
> consistency with what they preach.  It appears that the API will only
> support image files of the types TIFF, BMP, GIF, and PS.
>
> My question, does anyone know of a way to place JPG images into a spool
> file?  To have all of our files converted and the programs that use them, to
> be able to use any of these other formats would essentially kill the
> feasability of this project.

Are they color or B&W?

Are they coming off a PC in the first place? If so, use a VB
program and convert them just before you upload them, there are
a lot of image tools for VB that would do this in a snap.

--
Brad Jensen brad@elstore.com
President

LaserVault Report Retrieval & Data Mining
www.Laservault.com

www.eufrates.com - Add distance learning to
your site with easy course preparation