Well, then I don't expect JTOpen will ever match your definition of Open
Source.  I see no reason to make the source for security and encryption
available, nor does the IBM team as far as I know.  What would you gain from
IBM doing this, other than the ability to write your own password
negotiation routines?  What would IBM gain from doing this?  Come up with a
good business case for making the source for the AS400 object open, and
maybe IBM will listen.

Joe Pluta
JTOpen Core Team