Chuck,

Thanks.  Uh.. guess it doesn't need to adopt authority to do damage.

But, as you noted, not likely to be a practical consideration.  (I wouldn't
try LODRUN on a CD I got from some neighborhood kid though...  LOL...!)
What I'm having a hard time seeing is why Brad's coders would think the
vendor of the /drive/, rather than the /vendor of the CD/, would see some
downside if this functionality was provided.  Maybe they just didn't want to
mess with it...

jt