From: Joe Pluta [mailto:joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com]
Sent: 06 December 2001 19:43
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: File Transfer Problems after V4R5M0 upgrade.

> From: Julio Domingo
>
> Darren,
> That does sound like an authority problem.  When you install a new
release
> user authorities, printer file defaults, and system values are set
back to
> the IBM defaults.  I have found it a good idea to set up a CL program
that
> restores changes made between releases.  This way you can run the
program
> after the release install and run into less GOT YOUs.
>       Julio

This is a good idea for any number of things.  Some other examples:

1. System reply list entries
2. Pool sizes
3. Subsystem descriptions
4. Command defaults

And even if you have a special "system" library above QSYS (many people
do
this to override certain commands or object attributes), you should have
program that populates this library.  This is especially true if the
objects
there were originally created using CRTDUPOBJ from system objects.

Joe Pluta
www.plutabrothers.com

Security Warning: This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that
Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.
Cosalt Workwear accept no liability for any claims arising as a result
of using this medium to transmit information.

By reading this disclaimer please accept that Cosalt Workwear has swept
the transmission for computer viruses with e-sweeper screening service &
anti-virus software and by using the latest definitions of antivirus.

Should you receive this email in error or have any problems please
notify Cosalt Workwear: Administrator@cosalt-clothing.com or Tel:
(++44)01942 898800.

Please feel free to visit our website: www.cosalt-clothing.com